Posted by on April 19, 2018 10:11am EST
Q: Can I access My Afib Experience on my mobile or tablet?
A: Yes, MyAFibExperience will provide a different user experience when you are using a smartphone, tablet, notebook or a laptop with a smaller screen. The site has what is called “responsive design”, which means it changes to fit the screen size of the device you are using.
The images below will help you learn how to navigate MyAFibExperience using any of the devices mentioned above. We have included some screenshots for both a mobile phone and table format, but your screen may differ slightly based on your device of the web browser you are using.
Q: How do I log in to My Afib Experience on my mobile device?
- When you first navigate to the My Afib Experience home screen on your mobile device, you will notice that the screen has changed from being wide, like on a computer or larger laptop screen, to being long and narrow. All of the navigation is conducted by the red/white menu bar at the top left.
If you scroll down the page you will find access to all of the same information: Community Forums, Patient Education Information, Blogs and such.
Home screen – mobile phone view:
Home screen – Tablet view:
How do I access log in?
To Access the login button, click on the red menu icon and you will find a drop-down box. You can click on any of the links to find different areas of the site. However, to log In, so that you can comment, you must click on the login screen and follow the log in instructions to access the site. If this is the first time you are coming back after the updated site launched, you will need to reset your password.
Login button – mobile phone view:
Login button – tablet view:
If you are a returning member, but new to this site, please click on “Forgot your password” and follow the instructions to reset your password and join. This screen looks similar for both mobile phones and tablets.
If you are a returning member and have already reset your password, please follow the instructions to sign in via Facebook or by entering your email and password. This screen looks similar for both mobile phones and tablets.
- Once you are logged in, scroll to the tab myAFibexperience and click. Each time you log into the site, you are taken to your Dashboard. If your screen looks like one of the screens below, you are on your Dashboard. Here you will find a variety of resources as you scroll down.
- Link to the conversation forum of your primary condition
- Healthcare Professionals Answer Your Questions
- National Day and/or Month to Support
- Activity Stream of the top 5 conversations in which you are participating.
NOTE: the number that you see in the top right button, YOUR DASHBOARD (1), relates to the number of responses that have been received in the top 5 conversations that you are following.
Dashboard – tablet view
To access the drop-down menu, click on the Menu button at the top of the page and a drop-down menu will appear.
From here you can access the different sections of MyAFibExpereince
- Community Forums — There are 11 forums for support.
- Newly Diagnosed — Information for those new to afib.
- Treatment — Information about treatment at your doctor, hospital, and lab.
- Lifestyle —Information about exercise, nutrition, home, work, and travel.
- Risk Factors —Information about stroke risk and setting goals.
- Survival Stories — Stories of survival from Support Network and My AFib Experience members.
- News/Blog section —Information for the entire community and new topics and science.
- Resources — Downloadable resources, fact sheets, and helpful information
- YOUR DASHBOARD — Hub of activity where you start upon login.
- My Account — Tabs for changing account settings and notification settings.
- My Profile Comments — Read profile comments posted for you by other members.
- Log Out
Remember, to navigate the site, use the Red Menu option in the top left corner.
From the My Account Section, you can change your notification settings
Dashboard and Dropdown Access: Tablet View
The concept is very similar. Use the drop-down box to navigate the site.
If you have additional questions or if we can be of assistance, please email us at SuportNetwork@heart.org